Friday, May 22, 2020

Smart News


 

Unsplash Julian DemaloEvery morning, I pull up the Smart News App and scroll from top to bottom and left to right. And even though I can say exactly what the app contains (pure fuckery) yet, I still do it every morning.

 

This is what I learn every morning.

 

The news is not my friend. People are stupid. People are getting stupider. Covid 19 is killing people by the minute. Young men and women are fighting over Jordan’s. People are burning down churches. There are random stabbings in the UK. Patients are being beaten up in nursing homes. New York is still in the middle of a pandemic rage. Covid is now raging in Montgomery Alabama and the city is out of ICU beds. Federal politics resemble a Star Wars movie with Darth Vader choking out all those who oppose him. Even the ones on his side. People are ignoring social distancing.

 

And the sun is losing its spots. Which by far is waaaaay scarier than Covid 19. They are talking about a mini-ice age. Or a planetary cooling. You think we are running low on toilet paper now. Wait until the first snowfall happens in Miami in July. As this cooling could last for fifty years.

 

 

I learn all of this before I even step foot out of bed.

 


And I would like to disconnect from the news. But as my age would have it. Reading the news is a requirement. Right next to the cargo shorts I am wearing and varicose veins. So, I will rant and rage every morning until my memory fades. Or learn how to do crossword puzzles.

 

 

Vale~H~

 

 



No comments: