Monday, May 11, 2020

Conservative Black Southerner



It took me a long time to realize that most of the views of the Republican Party, I completely agree with. And I consider myself a Michael Steele Republican. I say this because not all of the Republican views I agree with.


Just as I wholly don’t agree with a majority of the Democratic views.


Politics just like college sports are a big deal down south. But one of the things that I remember the most is that my dad had the most subvert conservative views. He believes in working for your keep. And paying attention to the political system as rule.


 I, in turn, believe in not accepting handouts. Fairness in the court system. The promotion of small business. Education as an equalizing factor in the workplace. Voting as a powerful voice among the population. Protecting our environment. Promoting our technological power. And protecting current and past members of our armed forces. Protecting our 2nd Amendment rights. The separation of church and state.


I thought about those values and realized that I was living those ideals every day.


I cannot say I listen to Fox New-ever. 


And, I cannot say I am a drone. That means party line until the end of time. I suppose I am that guy that says, “Wait!”


“What about that airshaft that is unprotected on our Death Star?”


To the dismay of the Death Star Commander who is like,


“We’re on a gigantic friggen gun in the middle of friggen space who the fu*k would dare attack us?”


So, I have questions and ideas that would make me a sore spot in the middle of a Republican room.


Questions like:


Why are we making people pay for college?


Or better yet we should only pay for college for people who actually finished college.


Why are we not streamlining our healthcare system?


Or better yet hospital conglomerations should be fined for closing rural hospitals and be given incentives for opening rural hospitals.


Shouldn’t we just bring social issues to a vote? I mean how hard is that?


Didn’t we stomp the Nazi’s already? Why are they very fine people?


And I guess with those questions, I will be placed in the Republican-ish category.



Vale ~H~

No comments: